Seattle's Winter Wonderland

Last Saturday I arrived in Seattle to be Grandma.  When my daughter and son-in-law's schedules involve travel, an extra pair of hands and driver, are needed!  I was especially excited because the weather forecast was for snow!  I had not seen snow up close and personal for twenty years.  In the Central Valley of California snow is an unlikely occurrence.  In fact the last time it snowed was 1999!

And yes, I was weird and ran out front every hour on Sunday evening to take a selfie and mark the progress of the snow.  Never, did I believe that in the morning, I would see this:


It was like seeing a Christmas Card but in this case it is early Valentine's!

I was fascinated with everything about the snow:  the quiet beauty, the way it blanketed the area, how it layered on the tree branches, the echo of the children as they ventured out to play....  


Some of the trees couldn't handle the weight of the snow such as the bamboo tree below.


I especially liked the contrast between the tree branches and the snow.









Snow removal seemed to be Sabine's focus.


Kissing the snow was also a highly rated activity.


I am sharing today at Outdoor Wednesday hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer.

Comments

  1. So glad that you could see the snow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly a winter wonder land. Awesome sight but thankful we do not get it in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics! Glad you got to enjoy it:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GORGEOUS spot..and Sabine is growing so fast.
    Truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are in snow heaven. I grew up in northern WV with lots of snow and I still enjoy a good snow fix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! But, did you drive in that stuff? I would have been petrified.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it fun to look at snow from a child's point of view. I enjoyed the cyber tour of snow. Enjoy the moments together. You two are making memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kate, Glad you got your snow fix! Sabine certainly enjoyed herself. Some great photos too... Having lived in Chicago and the midwest for most of my life, I don't miss snow at all. Really mild with only about 2.5" of snow here in East Tennessee so far this winter. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your snow pictures. Sometimes it is nice to be reminded of the beauty of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos! I've been reading about all the snow in the PNW. Here in SE Wisconsin the ground is bare.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is a wonderful post. Those photos are truly postcard types, very beautiful. My batchmate in college has long been living in Seatle and i can't imagine they have snow like this at the moment. I really love that first one, spectacular to this person who han't experienced or seen snow in my lifetime. At least yours is just 20 yrs. I don't know if i will still be abe to be in one, my few travels abroad always timed in spring, i wonder why! But at old age i guess cold gets even colder, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts