Trisha Yearwood's Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Casserole

When I saw the post made by Cathy at Wives with Knives, I knew I was going to have it on my plate before the end of the week!  I was in the mood for a casserole and this one was packed with things that I love.  I mean, who can turn down rice, chicken and broccoli?!

It reminded me a little of a recipe that I learned to make before getting married...you may have heard of Chicken Divan.  I was anxious to prepare this dish to see how it compared.  I added a couple of tablespoons of sherry to the mixture.  I also cheated and bought from frozen chopped broccoli and some frozen broccoli spears.  I used half of each bag.

Trisha Yearwood's 
Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Casserole
Cathy and Kate's adaptation from Making Memories...One Fun Thing After Another

Ingredients
  • 3 – 4 cups cooked rice
  • 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (I poached the breasts in chicken broth and wine.)
  • 4 cups cooked broccoli cut into medium size pieces (fresh or frozen)
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 10-ounce can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 tablespoon minced onion 
  • 1 teaspoon Worchestershire Sauce 
  • 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced 
  • 4 cups cheddar cheese, grated (half mixed into the sauce, half sprinkled on top)
  • 2 Tbsp sherry
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Spray a 9 x 13-inch casserole with cooking spray. Layer cooked rice, broccoli and chicken in the pan.
  3. Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice and chicken soup. Add 2 cups of the grated cheese and mix well. Pour over the rice mixture. Top with the remaining grated cheese.
  4. Bake for 35-40 minutes until bubbly and browned.


Casserole pictures never seen to turn out for me.  One of these days I won't be in a hurry and I will figure out how to make it look nice!  This was delicious...from the first serving to the last!  Thank you, Cathy for sharing your daughter's great dish!

I am sharing this at Thursday's Treasures.

Comments

  1. Looks like a nice hearty dish as we move into fall:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Chicken Divan. This looks like a hardy meal. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts