Cathy's Treasured Cranberry Tangerine Chutney

My very favorite menu of the year is the traditional Thanksgiving menu. I love planning for Thanksgiving, searching for recipes, determining the timetable, deciding on the tablescape, which is always the most challenging for me, and preparing the wonderful savory foods that are served.

Each year, like clockwork, I pull out the November issues of every magazine that I have saved along with a few favorite cookbooks. This year, I also have a pile of printed recipes from all of you in "blogland"! What a "library" to review!

I have always prepared a variety of cranberry sauces, compotes or chutneys to accompany the meal. This year I was intrigued by the recipe that Cathy at Wives with Knives posted. She was kind of enough to share a treasured family favorite. We all know that those recipes, that have withstood time and have not been replaced by "another favorite", have to be the absolute best! Cathy mentions that it is one of her most treasured from her mom's file of recipes. I can certainly see why!! This recipe rocks! It is over the top! In one taste it made it to the top of my list! Thank you, Cathy, for being so kind as to share a family recipe treasure!

Every ingredient listed was one that I enjoy....I could only image how the flavors must meld to be something fantastic! Take a look at the vibrant colors!


Cranberry Tangerine Chutney
Shared with permission from Cathy @ http://thewiveswithknives.blogspot.com

3 cups fresh cranberries
1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 cup water
3 Tbsp candied ginger, chopped
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp curry powder (don't skimp...it's an important ingredient!)
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 cup golden raisins
2 cans mandarin orange slices, drained

Combine all ingredients in a large, heavy pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. This keeps indefinitely in the refrigerator and will easily form a seal if poured, very hot, into small decorative jelly jars.

PRINTABLE RECIPE

Making this chutney was a pleasure...not only are the ingredients wonderful, it is like working with an artist's palette...the colors are amazing as they build. When you are finished, heavenly, this dish is heavenly to taste!

This chutney was tagged fabulous by everybody who tasted it!
I am making it again this week!

Comments

  1. Love the recipe...love the dishes too. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate. It is a pleasure to share this recipe with you. I'm so happy you like this sauce and your family gives it a "thumbs up." Your photos are terrific too. Happy Thanksgiving wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, This looks beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving. Post an after mess if you like. Link it to Katherine at Smoky Mountain Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...Cranberry and tangerine is a new combination for me and it sounds so good. I really need to use tangerine more then I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious and the serving dish is gorgeous!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts