Bacon-Wrapped Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola Mushroom Sauce and Roasted Baby Potatoes with Garlic and Herbs

When I first started blogging, I posted a recipe from the Cahoot's Cookbook that my sister-in-law had given me. It was a yummy potato salad recipe that called for tarragon. With the tarragon under control it was quite tasty! I didn't hold the cookbook at fault for "too much tarragon". I should have been smart enough to think about what I was doing!

Since I didn't blame the cookbook, I have thumbed through the book many times. I enjoy reading cookbooks and this one has great photographs, too. I salivate when I look at one particular recipe toward the back of the book....Bacon-Wrapped Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola Mushroom Sauce. Whoa...I knew this had to be good. Beef tenderloin, check. Gorgonzola, check. Mushrooms, check. I am lovin' it. Three items on my Foods That I love List! Once I had my salivary glands under control I gazed at the picture and knew it was meant for me!

This recipe has "make me special" written all over it.

We decided to eat outside that evening. It wasn't overly warm, there was a bit of breeze, the candles flickered, the stars twinkled above....I saw a falling star, the wine was superb!! What could be more special?!

Bacon-Wrapped Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola

For the Gorgonzola Mushroom Sauce
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups green onions, chopped
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
2 cups Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled

For the Beef
8, 5 oz center-cut beef tenderloins
8 slices good quality bacon
Your favorite rub or seasoning.

Serves 8

Melt butter over medium heat in small saute pan.

Add onion and mushrooms and saute until soft and tender, about 3 minutes. Add cheese and stir until melted.

Prepare a gas or charcoal fire or grill pan.

Wrap a piece of bacon around each filet and secure with a toothpick. Season each filet with your favorite rub or other favorite seasoning.

Grill filets over medium-high heat, turning twice, until done, approximately 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 140 degrees F. for medium rare. Allow meat to rest 10 minutes. Remove picks beforee serving.

Serve with Gorgonzola Mushroom sauce.

PRINTABLE RECIPE

Along with the Bacon-Wrapped Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola, I served crab legs, and Roasted Baby Potatoes with Garlic and Herbs.

Roasted Baby Potatoes with Garlic and Herbs

1 pound baby potatoes (try to get the same size or cut larger potatoes in half)
2 Tbsp olive oil
about 1/2 tsp each of salt and fresh ground pepper
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp mixed fresh herbs such as, parsley, thyme, rosemary, chives, or oregano

Serves 4-6

Preheat overn to 450 degrees F.

Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a stockpot. Add the potatoes and boil for 8 minutes.

Drain potatoes and place on a baking sheet. Add olive oil and slat and pepper and toss well to coat.

Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees F. Remove from the oven and ad garlic and hervs. Mix well. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes until crispy and golden brown.

PRINTABLE RECIPE


The preparation method for these potatoes took a few minutes longer but was so worth the time. It is simple, flavorful and was a great match for the beef and crab!

I am participating in Foodie Friday hosted at Designs by Gollum. Stop by and take a look at all of the fantastic dishes being prepared today.

Comments

  1. This would make my husband very happy...add a crab leg and I would be very happy ;) Add a falling star - perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy do I ever want to come to your house for dinner! This all looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, both of these recipes look absolutely delicious.

    What a delightful evening you must have enjoyed, highlighted with a shooting star. Treasured memories! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is a meal I would like to have on Saturday night with a good bottle of wine.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a post. What a meal. Compliments to the chef :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic meal! Bon Appetite! Have a Fabulous Week end!
    ~Really Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome!The bacon makes the beef more special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect meal! The cheese sauce sounds scrumptious. I'll be trying it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're my kind of cook! Everything looks divine!!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, MY!! Sounds like your *foods you love list* is the same as mine :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did my sons call you??? Would they ever like to be at your house right now.
    I guess I could be a good mommy and make this for them when they come home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will you adopt me? This is a perfect meal-- one of my very faves. Beautiful job! I'm wimpering.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely meal, Kate. Love your version of surf and turf. It will be many months before we have the weather to eat dinner outside. Its always such a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a perfect evening to me! Recipe looks so fun to make too and sounds delicious!

    And wine makes it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What's not to love about beef with bacon and gorgonzola. And you added potatoes as a side. I'll be right over.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kate-The tenderloin sounds fabulous! My husband loves gorgonzola. I may try these potatoes for a birthday dinner soon. Wish I had been at YOUR dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts