Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes


I picked up a magazine at the grocery store last week. Fine Cooking published a supplement entitled Eat Smart with Ellie Krieger. It is filled with fresh simple cooking that should appeal to all ages.

I was searching for a sweet potato dish to complement the Latin Style Flank Steak. This one caught my eye. While I wasn't thinking "sweet" when I eyed it, I was thinking that the contrast between the sweet potato or yam and the smokey flank steak would be a match.


Honey-Roasted Sweet Potatoes

3 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.


Place the potatoes in a 9 X 13 baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, and lemon juice. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the salt, and bake, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, about 1 hour. Season with more salt to taste and serve.

Serves 6

PRINTABLE RECIPE

These were delicious. I think they would make a simple and tasty Thanksgiving side. At our house one of the nieces has a peanut allergy so our approach to preparing the meal has changed. We look for simple and "nut free" ingredients. This is a simple, allergy free dish filled with flavor!!

Comments

  1. Hi Kate, I am dropping by to let you know that this is the recipe I picked for March Secret Recipe Club. It was delicious and a great hit with both hubby and myself. This will be gracing our dinner table often. Thanks so much or sharing it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts